Cyberattackers Jamming Productivity of Manufacturing Sector.
Cyberattackers Jamming Productivity of Manufacturing Sector
- French electronics manufacturing services company Asteelflash was targeted by the REvil ransomware gang, with a demand of $24 million ransom.
- YposKesi, the European Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), was targeted by Babuk ransomware.
- The Molson Coors Beverage Company suffered an attack by some unknown ransomware.
- An unknown group of attackers was seen using the Hades ransomware variant to target a global manufacturing organization, a U.S.-based consumer products organization, and a transport and logistics company.
- Another French pharmaceutical and skin cosmetics manufacturer Pierre Fabre group halted its production due to an attack by an unidentified attacker.
- A new variant of the Mirai malware was seen targeting network security devices manufactured by SonicWall, D-Link, Netgear, Netis, and Yealink by exploiting a large number of vulnerabilities in these devices.
- The U.S. Department of Justice seized five domains that were used by attackers to impersonate the official websites of several biotech companies and drug manufacturers (including Regeneron Pharmaceuticals) working for COVID-19 treatment-related activities.
- A group of attackers intruded into the live feeds of 150,000 surveillance cameras inside various organizations, including hospitals, companies, police departments, prisons, and schools. They managed to breach a massive amount of security camera data from these organizations, including Tesla.